Summer Camp Jobs / Camp Counselor
Dates of Employment for Summer Camp Counselor - Summer 2018
- Staff Training Dates: Sunday, June 10 - Saturday, June 16
- Children’s Camp Dates: Sunday, June 17 - Saturday, August 11
- Specialty Training Dates: Wednesday, June 6 - Saturday, June 9
Salary Information for Camp Counselors - Summer 2018
- Base Salary: $3550 for 9 weeks of camp
- (staff training & 8 weeks of children’s camp)
- Bonus Additions:
- Additional Years on Staff: $150 per year
- (i.e. $150 for 2nd year, $300 for 3rd year, etc.)
- Travel Allowance: $100 - $200 for Out of State residents (not college state but where you are based, i.e. your parents)
Leadership & Administrative Staff Roles: Paid on a different scale based on qualifications. Positions include - Girls Camp Head Counselor, Boys Camp Head Counselor, Assistant Head Counselor, Trips Coordinator, Waterfront Director, Activity Director, and Head Lifeguard.
*PLEASE NOTE:* All Skylake counselors are required to possess Red Cross certifications in First Aid, CPR and Lifeguarding before the summer commences. There will be a very limited number of spots available for those counselors who cannot find Lifeguarding courses before camp starts during our Specialty Training. Those staff members obtaining their lifeguarding certification during this time will be charged $250 for the course.