Summer Camp Jobs / Camp Counselor & Trips Staff
Dates of Employment for Summer Camp Counselor - Summer 2024
- ALL STAFF Training Dates: Sunday, June 9 - Saturday, June 15
- Children’s Camp Dates: Sunday, June 18 - Saturday, August 12
Additional Training Dates based on position:
- Trips Staff Training Dates: Monday, June 3 - Saturday, June 8
- "Specialty Training" (Lifeguard & Ropes Course): Thursday, June 6 - Saturday, June 8 (arrive afternoon of Wednesday)
Salary Information for all Counselors & Trips Staff - Summer 2023
- SALARY: $6000 (+ Bonus) for 8 weeks of Camp and 1 Week of Training (Housing, meals, weekly laundry service, and life long memories all included!) *Trips Staff and Ropes CourseTraining paid additionally per diem for additional training time. PLUS End of Summer satisfactory status completion bonus: $500
- Leadership, Administrative Staff, and Leadership Support Roles: Paid on a different scale based on qualifications. Positions include: Girls Camp Head Counselor, Boys Camp Head Counselor, CILT Leader & Special Programs, Trips Coordinator, Waterfront Director, Activity Director, Head Lifeguard, and Assistant Wrangler.
PLEASE NOTE: All Counselors and Trips staff are required to have Red Cross certifications in First Aid, CPR and Lifeguarding before the summer starts. There will be a very limited number of spots available for those counselors who cannot find Lifeguarding courses before Staff Training starts. Dates for lifeguard training are Thursday, June 6 - Saturday, June 8. Those staff members obtaining their lifeguarding certification during this time will be charged $300 for the course which includes training, housing and meals.
**Positions at Skylake provide 21st Century Workplace Enhancement! Working at Skylake will enhance your workplace skills which employers are looking for today. These skills include communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, and contribution! This is not a normal summer job. It will stay with you a long time and will help pave the way for future opportunities.