A Summer Camp Day at Skylake
At Skylake kids get to choose the activities they most want to do. A wide range of Activities are available to choose from and there’s time for everyone to try everything!
- 7:15 Reveille: Campers awakened with traditional bugle reveille.
- 7:45 Flag Raising: Campers assemble for morning announcements and to raise the Flag.
- 8:00 Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, bagels and pancakes are typical on the hot buffet line. Cold buffet includes yogurts, fruits, juices and cold cereals. Very merry berry Wednesday is a traditional special breakfast.
- 9:00 First Activity Period: Campers select their favorites.
- 10:00 Second Activity Period: Campers select their favorites.
- 11:00 Hopper Call: One camper from each cabin comes to the dining hall to set his or her cabin's table…this rotates of course.
- 12:15 Lunch: Full salad bar always, stocked with items such as sliced carrots, cucumbers, feta, tofu, beans along with cheeses, meats, tuna salad, and all the normal salad accoutrements. A normal lunch might be burgers, grilled cheese, pasta, pizza, taco/burrito, or sandwiches. Desserts include fresh baked cookies and homemade Italian ice.
- 12:45 End of Lunch: Campers sing songs in dining hall and then shop at Trading Post if they desire.
- 12:45 - 1:15 Relax time with friends
- 1:15 - 2:30 Siesta Time: "In, on or around your bunk" is the rule! Campers don't have to sleep but all of camp is asked to stay quiet and slow down for a much needed rest time. This is a great time to write letters, read, and catch up with your cabin mates.
- 2:30 - 4:30 Cabin Group Activity: On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, cabin mates select an activity to do together as a group. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, campers rotate between swim-call, extended siesta, and land activities.
- 4:30 Shower Hour & Shasta Call
- 5:45 Flag Retreat: Campers assemble for evening announcements and to lower the Flag.
- 6:00 Dinner: Traditional hot dinner meal plus full salad and pasta bar offering wide variety of food choices. Desserts include homemade ice cream and cobblers.
- 7:00 Twilight Sports: Open activities allow campers to participate in four or five scheduled activities, various ad hoc games, or quiet time for talk, letter writing and bonding with friends. Some special treats like evening kayaking, swimming or horseback riding are favorites at this beautiful hour of the day.
- 8:00 Nightly Campfire: Time for skits, traditional and new camp songs, treasure hunts, and trivia stumps like "Know Your Counselor" and "You Asked For It"…..etc., etc, etc.
- 9:15 Playing of Taps: This indicates lights out and quiet for most of camp. Seniors and CILTS enjoy an additional hour of social time, supervised by counselors, before lights out for them at 10:15.
** We also schedule regular "Special Days" like Wild West Day, Decades Day, Earth Day, and Carnivals to break the pattern. Campers are also coming and going from camp on a daily basis for trips to Yosemite National Park, Cloud's Rest, Jackass Lakes, Chilkoot Creek, Lewis Creek, Chilnulna Falls, and a full array of other high country sites.