- 8-10 pair Underwear
- 2 sets Pajamas (sweatpants work well)
- 5 pairs Shorts
- 8-9 T-shirts
- 1-2 pairs of Jeans (long pants are required for horseback riding)
- 2 Sweatshirts
- 1 Jacket (fleece type for cool nights and overnights)
- 1 set Party Clothes (nice school clothes)
- 8 pairs Socks
- 1 pair Tennis/Athletic Shoes
- 1 pair Water shoes with heel strap (ex. Tevas, Chacos)
- 2 Beach Towels
- 2 Swim Suits
- Sunscreen (non-aerosol only)
Shower House Gear
- Flip flops
- 2 bath towels & wash cloths
- Toiletries Bag (include: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, brush, lotion, lip balm with sunscreen & bug repellant).
For Your Bunk
- Sleeping Bag (multi-use tapered bag rated for 30-40 degrees is sufficient)
- Pillow Case
- Twin Sheet (to cover mattress)
- Laundry Bag that cinches or zips closed (with Name clearly written)
- 2 Water Bottles (also available at camp store)
- Hat or visor
- Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Campers desirous of going on a backpack trip should also bring solid walking shoes and a rain poncho. All other backpack supplies will be provided.
- Campers desirous of horseback riding may want to bring boots or hiking boots.
- Disposable Cameras (with names on them)
- Stationary, stamps and address list
- Costumes or funny clothing for special days
- Stuffed animal or blanket
Additional Packing Information
Laundry is sent out once per week and returns 24 hours later. Please note that the laundry service is performed by a commercial laundry in Oakhurst. Their procedure is to wash all of a campers’ laundry in a single load. Lights and darks are not separated and bleach is not used. Occasionally a laundry bag does get misplaced. Skylake will reimburse up to $150 for any misplaced laundry bag. Please do not send fancy clothes to camp.
All of your camper's clothing and belongings should be labeled with your campers full name. The lost and found is much smaller when belongings are labeled!
ITEMS TO LEAVE AT HOME
- CELL PHONES are NOT allowed at camp. For campers flying, they can travel with a cell phone, but it is REQUIRED to turn phone in upon arrival at camp. Phones or other wireless electronics will be returned before departure back home. If items are not turned in on Day One of camp, item is subject to being confiscated and not returned until the end of the calendar year. Please do not bring cell phones to camp! We are happy to give parents as many updates on your camper as you’d like, but we like keeping camp Cell Phone Free!
- ANY electronics with wireless technology that can access the internet (i.e. iPOD touch, Kindles, etc.) are not allowed at camp. Summer camp is a great opportunity to get our kids away from any screen time. The rest of the year kids are inundated by technology and thus at Skylake we enjoy the natural surroundings, activities, and friends and don’t see technology fitting into that atmosphere.
- The following are also not allowed at camp: water guns, water balloons, sling shots (or any other weapons), matches, & lighters, any type of aerosol can including sunscreen.
- Campers are allowed but discouraged from bringing iPods and other mp3 players as well as expensive cameras to camp. Recharging options are the shower houses only and thus subject to be broken or stolen.
- Please do not send valuable items such as expensive cameras or jewelry.
- Skylake provides all of the athletic equipment so it is not necessary for any equipment to be brought from home.
The days are normally very warm, temperature through the summer ranges from mid 80’s to upper 90’s and is known to hit 100 most summers. Nights are cooler, with temps averaging in the mid 50’s to 60’s.
Please involve younger campers in the packing process so they know what is in their trunks to help ease any concerns upon arrival. With older campers, please also be a part of packing and please note all of the above items that are not allowed at camp.
The normal tendency is to pack too much for camp. Pack conservatively.